It's Me

My photo
Waterbury, CT, United States

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Don't forget to make a title...

What makes a good blog post? A good blog post to me must be three things: interesting, informative, and creative. I like blogs that are interesting. Where does an interesting blog start? The title is where every blogger needs to catch the reader’s initial attention. Interesting titles usually catch my attention and make me wonder what the rest of the blog is about. For example, Oscar's Blog really caught my attention right off the bat and I was curious how laundry fit in with the rest of the title. Other than the title, another way to catch the reader’s attention is to have an interesting opening sentence or sentences. Just like the title, the opening sentences are the first thing the reader’s look at. I really like the way Crystal started her blog with a quote.I also like blogs that are informative. Informative blogs aren’t always the most interesting to read but I don’t mind learning new things. The last thing that I think a good blog needs is creativity. Be creative by putting pictures in every blog or maybe even a video. Pictures don’t always have to go at the end of the blog. Maybe, start the blog off with a picture or put in the middle to give the reader something to look at. Including videos in a blog also can help the readers further understand what you’re trying to get across in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment